Citrix XenServer* 5.6 FP1 - Intel® Server Board S5520HC
This recipe explains how to install Citrix XenServer* 5.6 FP1, the complete server virtualization platform from Citrix, on Intel® Server Platforms. The XenServer package contains everything needed to create and manage a deployment of virtual x86 computers running on Xen*. XenServer requirements, installation, configuration, and initial operation procedures are included. XenServer is optimized for both Windows and Linux virtual servers and runs directly on server hardware without requiring an underlying operating system, resulting in an efficient and scalable system. Using XenServer reduces costs by:
• Consolidating multiple virtual machines (VM) onto physical servers.
• Reducing the number of separate disk images that need to be managed.
• Allowing for easy integration with existing networking and storage infrastructures.
Using XenServer increases flexibility by:
• Allowing you to schedule zero downtime maintenance by using XenMotion to live migrate VMs between XenServer hosts.
• Increasing availability of VMs by using High Availability to configure policies that restart VMs on another XenServer host if one fails.
• Increasing portability of VM images, as one VM image will work on a range of deployment infrastructures.
Designed with maximum performance and expandability, the Intel® Server Board S5520HC is a pedestal-optimized, high-performance server board for small and medium business applications, and targets applications such as database, email, storage, and virtualization. Scalable management with integrated and optional features include Intel® Server Deployment Toolkit, Intel® Active System Console, and power management with Intel® Intelligent Power Node Manager. Specific S5520HC boards, with the integrated Intel® Trusted Platform Module (Intel® TPM), will support the latest in virtualization security via Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT).
Sales and Marketing Materials
- Additional Intel® ESAA Virtualization Resources
- Citrix and Intel Community Partner Portal
- Citrix and Intel Help Customers Succeed with Virtualization
- Citrix Customer Success Stories
- Citrix Provisioning Server - Video Demonstration
- Citrix Provisioning Server for Desktops - Overview
- Citrix Provisioning Server Partner Value Proposition
- Citrix Recipe Flyer
- Citrix XenServer - Buyken Casestudy
- Citrix XenServer - Sleek Networks Casestudy
- Citrix XenServer Product Overview
- Citrix XenServer SDK
- Intel Selling Guide: Intel® Server Boards and Systems for SMBs
- Intel® 5500 and 5520 Chipset Overview
- Intel® Server Board S5520HC Interactive Tour
- Intel® Server Board S5520HC Overview
- Intel® Server System SC5650HCBRP Overview
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Introduction: Video
- Intel® Solid-State Drives - Select the Right One
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT)
- Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500/5600 Series Overview
- Citrix Knowledge Center - Product Documentation
- Citrix Knowledge Center: Support Forums
- Citrix XenServer - Getting Started Video
- Citrix XenServer - Tips and Tricks
- Intel® Intelligent Power Node Manager Overview
- Intel® IT Server Sizing Tool
- Intel® Memory Configurator Tool
- Intel® QuickPath Technology Overview
- Intel® Remote Management Module
- Intel® Server Configurator Tool
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) Overview