Citrix XenServer* 5.6 FP1 - Intel® Modular Server Compute Module MFS5520VI
This recipe explains how to install Citrix XenServer* 5.6 FP1, the complete server virtualization platform from Citrix, on Intel® Server Platforms. The XenServer package contains everything needed to create and manage a deployment of virtual x86 computers running on Xen*. XenServer requirements, installation, configuration, and initial operation procedures are included. XenServer is optimized for both Windows and Linux virtual servers and runs directly on server hardware without requiring an underlying operating system, resulting in an efficient and scalable system. Using XenServer reduces costs by:
• Consolidating multiple virtual machines (VM) onto physical servers.
• Reducing the number of separate disk images that need to be managed.
• Allowing for easy integration with existing networking and storage infrastructures.
Using XenServer increases flexibility by:
• Allowing you to schedule zero downtime maintenance by using XenMotion to live migrate VMs between XenServer hosts.
• Increasing availability of VMs by using High Availability to configure policies that restart VMs on another XenServer host if one fails.
• Increasing portability of VM images, as one VM image will work on a range of deployment infrastructures.
The Intel® Modular Server is a simple, flexible system that provides exceptional value. It enables business in a box with seamless installation, migration, and growth capabilities. It has the ability to support up to six server compute modules, two hard disk drive options (six 3.5" SAS/SATA or fourteen SAS 2.5" hard disk drives), as well as two Ethernet Switch Modules, integrated SAN, and a management module. The Intel® Modular Server is a flexible and powerful system for the small to midsize business. The Intel® Server Compute Module provides the processing and I/O power behind the Intel® Modular Server with support for up to two Intel® Xeon® processors (up to six modules can be deployed). The compute module is entirely diskless and connects to the virtualized shared storage allowing a flexible server configuration.
Sales and Marketing Materials
- Additional Intel® ESAA Virtualization Resources
- Citrix and Intel Community Partner Portal
- Citrix and Intel Help Customers Succeed with Virtualization
- Citrix Customer Success Stories
- Citrix Provisioning Server - Video Demonstration
- Citrix Provisioning Server for Desktops - Overview
- Citrix Provisioning Server Partner Value Proposition
- Citrix Recipe Flyer
- Citrix XenServer - Buyken Casestudy
- Citrix XenServer - Sleek Networks Casestudy
- Citrix XenServer Product Overview
- Citrix XenServer SDK
- Intel Selling Guide: Intel® Server Boards and Systems for SMBs
- Intel® 5500 and 5520 Chipset Overview
- Intel® Modular Server Chassis Overview
- Intel® Modular Server Product Overview
- Intel® Server Compute Module Overview
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Introduction: Video
- Intel® Solid-State Drives - Select the Right One
- Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500/5600 Series Overview
- Meet the Intel® Modular Server
- Citrix Knowledge Center - Product Documentation
- Citrix Knowledge Center: Support Forums
- Citrix XenServer - Getting Started Video
- Citrix XenServer - Tips and Tricks
- Intel® IT Server Sizing Tool
- Intel® QuickPath Technology Overview
- Intel® Server Configurator Tool
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) Overview