Intel® ESAA Installation Guide: Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 R2 - Intel® Modular Server MFS5520VI
This recipe contains the base hardware and software components and installation steps to deploy Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 R2 on Windows Server* 2008 R2 SP1.
The Intel® Modular Server is a simple, flexible system that provides exceptional value. It enables business in a box with seamless installation, migration, and growth capabilities. It has the ability to support up to six server compute modules, two hard disk drive options (six 3.5" SAS/SATA or fourteen SAS 2.5" hard disk drives), as well as two Ethernet Switch Modules, integrated SAN, and a management module. The Intel® Modular Server is a flexible and powerful system for the small to midsize business. The Intel® Server Compute Module provides the processing and I/O power behind the Intel® Modular Server with support for up to two Intel® Xeon® processors (up to six modules can be deployed). The compute module is entirely diskless and connects to the virtualized shared storage allowing a flexible server configuration.
Sales and Marketing Materials
- Intel Selling Guide: Intel® Server Boards and Systems for SMBs
- Intel® 5500 and 5520 Chipset Overview
- Intel® Modular Server Chassis Overview
- Intel® Modular Server Product Overview
- Intel® Server Compute Module Overview
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Introduction: Video
- Intel® Solid-State Drives - Select the Right One
- Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500/5600 Series Overview
- Meet the Intel® Modular Server
- Microsoft SQL Server* 2008 R2 Overview