VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Installation - Intel® Server Board S5500BC
VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* (VSA*) is a VMware virtual appliance that packages SUSE Linux Enterprise Server* 11 and storage clustering services. A VSA virtual machine runs on several ESXi* hosts to abstract the storage resources that are installed on the hosts and to create a vSphere Storage Appliance cluster (VSA cluster). A VSA cluster leverages the computing and storage resources of several ESXi hosts and provides a set of datastores that are accessible by all hosts within the datacenter.
Set it up in Just Five Clicks
Before vSphere Storage Appliance, implementing virtualization required specialized knowledge in shared storage hardware. For example, a SAN configuration may require an FC Switch, a Server HBA, FC cables, and an external RAID Storage hardware. But with VSA, installation involves just a few mouse clicks and entering the desired IP address. And because VSA is integrated with vCenter Server, you can manage your entire IT environment in one place.
Get High availability Without Shared Storage Hardware
vSphere Storage Appliance runs on multiple servers simultaneously, so you can have the confidence that data is available to any of your workloads, even when a server fails. With vSphere’s availability features, you can restart snapshots of virtual machines automatically when a server fails, or use fault tolerant protection so applications run uninterrupted. Finally, perform maintenance with zero impact to the end user by migrating applications live from one server to another using vMotion.
The Intel® Server Board S5500BC is a cost–effective, feature–rich server board that grows with your business. The Intel® Server Board S5500BC has flexible scalability and expandability in I/O, memory, LAN and storage which is designed for deploying web, email or print servers, or business applications. Ideal for remote or branch offices seeking enterprise class manageability, the Intel Server Board S5500BC supports up to two Intel® Xeon® processors 5500 or 5600 series, and can be used in rack or pedestal configurations.
Sales and Marketing Materials
- Additional Intel® ESAA Virtualization Resources
- Intel® 5500 and 5520 Chipset Overview
- Intel® Server Board S5500BC Interactive Tour
- Intel® Server Board S5500BC Overview
- Intel® Server System SR1630BC Overview
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Introduction: Video
- Intel® Solid-State Drives - Select the Right One
- Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500/5600 Series Overview
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Cheatsheet
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Datasheet
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Overview
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Performance in vSphere* 5
- Intel® Intelligent Power Node Manager Overview
- Intel® IT Server Sizing Tool
- Intel® Memory Configurator Tool
- Intel® QuickPath Technology Overview
- Intel® Remote Management Module
- Intel® Server Configurator Tool
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) Overview
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Evaluation Guide
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Technical Deep Dive
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance* Technical Whitepaper