VMware vSphere 5.1 for ESXi* 5.1 - Intel® Server Board S2600GL/GZ
Run business critical applications with confidence and respond faster to your business needs with VMware vSphere* 5.1, the industry-leading virtualization platform for building cloud infrastructures. vSphere accelerates the shift to cloud computing for existing datacenters, while also underpinning compatible public cloud offerings, paving the way for the only hybrid cloud model. Transform your IT infrastructure into a private cloud, then bridge on-demand to public clouds, delivering IT infrastructure as an easily accessible service. VMware vSphere delivers uncompromised control over all IT resources with the highest efficiency and choice in the industry. With over 400,000 customers worldwide and the support of over 2,500 applications from more than 1,400 ISV partners, VMware vSphere is the trusted platform for any application. vSphere 5.1 features:
• Improved Storage DRS – Now supports vCloud Director environments for initial placement and load balancing.
• Improved vSphere Distributed Switch – Greater scalability and more efficient administration with configuration rollback, configuration backup and restore, and enhanced network traffic monitoring.
• Improved vMotion* – Easily migrate VMs between hosts without the need of shared storage.
• vSphere Replication – Now included with vSphere 5.1. Provide disaster protection for all applications with efficient host-based replication directly available with vSphere.
• vShield* Endpoint – Now included in vSphere 5.1, vShield Endpoint offloads antivirus and anti-malware agent processing inside guest VMs to a dedicated secure virtual appliance delivered by VMware partners.
• Scale VMs to 64 vCPU – Virtual machines can now grow to support even the largest applications. Virtual machines can now have up to 64 virtual CPUs and 1TB of RAM.
Take FULL advantage of the new Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family capabilities with the Intel® Server Board S2600GZ/GL product families. The Intel® Server Board S2600GZ family features an energy efficient spread core design and maximum (768 GB) memory capacity with up to 24 DIMMS. The S2600GZ and S2600GL boards are only available in rack-optimized server systems; these systems deliver unmatched performance, I/O capacity, and flexibility for the most demanding enterprise data center, cloud, or high performance computing (HPC) environments. The Intel® Server Board S2600GZ and S2600GL boards make use of several exclusive new Intel® Server Board Technology Innovations available only on Intel® Server Products. Intel® Advanced Management Technology helps simplify and optimize system management for higher capacity and more secure platform management; Intel® Quiet Thermal Technology provides thermal and acoustic management to reduce unnecessary noise and provide cooling flexibility while maximizing system efficiency; and Intel® Efficient Power Technology helps improve power efficiency and reliability.
Sales and Marketing Materials
- Additional Intel® ESAA Virtualization Resources
- Data Center and Cloud Computing with Intel® Server Boards and Systems
- Increase Server Performance: Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 Family
- Intel® Server Board S2600GL/GZ Overview
- Intel® Server Board S2600GL/GZ Video Tour
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Introduction: Video
- Intel® Solid-State Drives - Select the Right One
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT)
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 Family Case Studies
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 Product Family Overview
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600: Get Up To Speed
- VMware Partner Program Overview
- VMware SMB Virtualization Webinar Series for Intel Resellers
- VMware Storage/SAN Compatibility Guide
- VMware vSphere 5.1 - What's New?
- VMware vSphere* 5 and Intel Solution Brief
- VMware vSphere* 5 for Small and Midsize Business
- VMware vSphere* 5 Virtualization for Enterprises
- VMware vSphere* 5: Compare Editions
- VMware vSphere* 5: Migrate from ESX to ESXi!
- VMware vSphere* Demo Presentation
- VMware vSphere* Product Overview
- Intel® Intelligent Power Node Manager Overview
- Intel® IT Server Sizing Tool
- Intel® Memory Configurator Tool
- Intel® QuickPath Technology Overview
- Intel® Remote Management Module
- Intel® Server Board S2600GL/GZ Technical Brief
- Intel® Server Configurator Tool
- Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) Overview
- VMware Support Policy for DataCore Storage Products