Intel® ESAA Installation Guide: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V* Single Instance - Intel® Server Board S2600CP
This recipe contains the base hardware and software components and installation steps to deploy a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V* single instance configuration using local storage. Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V* is a virtualization platform with industry leading size and scale. Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 greatly expands support for host processors and memory. It now includes support for up to 64 processors and 1 terabyte of memory for Hyper-V guests, a new VHDX virtual hard disk format with larger disk capacity of up to 64 terabytes, and additional resilience. Using Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V, you can take advantage of new hardware technology, while still utilizing the servers you already have. This way you can virtualize today, and be ready for the future.
The Intel® Server Board S2600CP family provides excellent standard features for a variety of front and back office usage models with plenty of headroom for growth. For small and medium businesses needing the added performance and flexibility that only comes from latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 family, this new mainstream board is the ideal choice. The Intel® Server Board S2600CP family delivers powerful performance with 16 DIMMs, dual or quad 1GbE LOM, and eight PCIe* Gen3 I/O slots. The Intel Server Board S2600CP family is also available as an integrated 4U pedestal (rackable) system with a variety of storage and power supply options. The S2600CP family makes use of several exclusive new Intel® Server Board technology innovations. The Intel® Advanced Management Technology helps simplify and optimize system management for higher capacity and more secure platform management. Intel® Quiet Thermal Technology provides thermal and acoustic management to reduce unnecessary noise and provide cooling flexibility while maximizing system efficiency. This board also makes use of power delivery enhancements from the Intel® Efficient Power Technology to help improve power efficiency and reliability.
Sales and Marketing Materials
- Additional Intel® ESAA Virtualization Resources
- Increase Server Performance: Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 Family
- Intel Selling Guide: Intel® Server Boards and Systems for SMBs
- Intel® Server Board S2600CP Overview
- Intel® Server Board S2600CP Video Tour
- Intel® Server Board Technology Innovations
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Introduction: Video
- Intel® Solid-State Drives - Select the Right One
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT)
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 Product Family Overview
- Microsoft Hyper-V* Virtualization