Intel® ESAA Installation Guide: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V* Single Instance - Intel® Server Board S2400SC
This recipe contains the base hardware and software components and installation steps to deploy a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V* single instance configuration using local storage. Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V* is a virtualization platform with industry leading size and scale. Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 greatly expands support for host processors and memory. It now includes support for up to 64 processors and 1 terabyte of memory for Hyper-V guests, a new VHDX virtual hard disk format with larger disk capacity of up to 64 terabytes, and additional resilience. Using Windows Server 2012 with Hyper-V, you can take advantage of new hardware technology, while still utilizing the servers you already have. This way you can virtualize today, and be ready for the future.
The Intel Server Board S2400SC2 is the high-ROI choice for embedded, storage, and small business applications requiring mainstream performance without compromising on storage flexibility or I/O expansion options. It is also ideal as an affordable server building block for small businesses seeking real dual-socket server performance. The Intel® Server Board S2400SC2 is built as a standard form factor server board and delivers affordable storage expandability in either a pedestal or rack chassis by providing eight SAS/SATA ports plus two SATA 6 Gb and four SATA 3 Gb ports. The Intel Server Board S2400SC2 supports up to five low-profile host bus adapters (HBAs), integrated dual 1 GbE NICs, and an optional dedicated management NIC via the Intel® Remote Management Module 4, providing affordable enterprise-class manageability and connectivity.
Sales and Marketing Materials
- Additional Intel® ESAA Virtualization Resources
- Increase Server Performance: Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 Family
- Intel Selling Guide: Intel® Server Boards and Systems for SMBs
- Intel® Server Board S2400SC Overview
- Intel® Server Board Technology Innovations
- Intel® Solid-State Drive Introduction: Video
- Intel® Solid-State Drives - Select the Right One
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT)
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2400 Product Family Overview
- Microsoft Hyper-V* Virtualization